Times & Location
Fashionably on time
- 5K- wave 1: 7:45 AM, wave 2: 7:50 AM, wave 3: 7:55 AM, wave 4: 8:00 AM
- Half Marathon- 8:15 AM
- Eisenhower Park
1899 Hempstead Turnpike
East Meadow, NY 11554-1043
Half Marathon fees:
- $80 from registration opening to 4/15/17
- $95 from 4/16/17 to 7/15/17
- $110 from 7/16/17 to 9/28/27
- $125 at Health & Fitness Boutique (only if capacity has not been reached)
- $50 from registration opening to 7/15/17
- $65 from 7/16/17 to 9/28/17
- $80 at Health & Fitness Boutique (only if capacity has not been reached)
There is plenty of free parking available at Eisenhower Park, but you must be parked no later than 7:00 AM. You must enter through the main entrance off Hempstead Turnpike. All other entrances will be closed. DO NOT attempt to enter from Merrick Ave, you will be turned away.
Since all cars enter through the main entrance, traffic tends to back up as you approach the park. Because of this, we recommend that you plan to arrive no later than 6:15 AM.
For safety reasons, all participants may check their gear at the Gear Check Area located near the finish line. Gear check drop off will open at 7:00 AM. There is no Gear Check drop off at the start line. Gear check will be available on Park Blvd across from the finish line area.
At the Health & Fitness Boutique, you will be given a clear plastic bag to use as your gear check bag on race day. You must use this as your gear check bag- NO EXCEPTIONS. All items must be visible for security purposes. Law enforcement reserves the right to check any and all belongings left at gear check.
Tear the gear check tag from your bib number and attach with the supplied zip tie. To claim your bag, show your bib number to the volunteer. Both the bib number and the number attached to the bag must match.
ALL BAGS MUST BE CLAIMED BY 12:00 PM. Bags not claimed by noon will be disposed of. Please do not leave valuables, cash or jewelry in the bags. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Overall & Age Group Awards
Awards will be given to the top 3 overall and top 3 in each age group* for the Divas® Half Marathon & Divas® 5K.
Overall Awards will be presented at the finish line stage during the following times:
- 5K Overall Awards- 8:30 AM
- Half Marathon Overall Awards- 10:30 AM
Age groups: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
Age group awards will be handed out at the results tent at approximately 8:45 AM for the 5K and 11:15 AM for the Half Marathon.
*Male participants are only eligible for awards in the 5K and these will only be awarded to as top 3 male overall. Overall winners are excluded from age groups.
If you are not present to collect your award and you want us to send you the award by mail, please download the Awards Claim Form and send it in with the appropriate fee for shipping and handling. Awards will only be available within 4 months of the event. Please note, age group awards are issued based on chip time.
The Divas will all run a lap in beautiful Eisenhower Park as family and friends grow the excitement of the place to a fevered pitch sending the runners off with a huge farewell as the participants exit the park at Merrick Avenue North. They will head south before making a right turn on Charles Lindbergh Blvd, running a loop through the Nassau County Hub, passing Nassau County landmarks including RXR’s Omni Building, Museum Row, the Mitchell Athletic Complex & home to the New York Islanders, the Nassau Coliseum. Half marathon participants will turn left onto Merrick Avenue heading north to Old Country Road. After making a right onto Old Country Road and heading to Salisbury Park Drive, they will turn into the park and finish parallel to Park Blvd.
This amazing 5K course was designed to bring you the best of historic Eisenhower Park. If you are not yet ready for the 13.1 challenge but you are a running diva or a diva lover (for all the handsome casanovas), this race is is for you. Enjoy a great run and an amazing and empowering experience or support the leading lady in your life!
Click here for a road closure map.
The Health & Fitness Boutique in Long Island will feature exhibitors showcasing the latest trends, designs, and advances in running shoes and apparel. The best thing about the boutique is that it is free and open to the public!
The Health & Fitness Boutique is also the Official Packet Pick-Up Headquarters. Unless VIP Packet Pick-up is purchased, participants must pick up their race packets (race bibs, participant shirts, tutus and drawstring bags) at the Health & Fitness Boutique prior to race day.
Mitchel Athletic Complex
1 Charles Lindberg Blvd
Uniondale, NY 11553
Friday, September 29, 2017 - 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Unless you purchase VIP Packet Pick-Up, all race packets (race bibs, participant shirts, tutus and drawstring bags) must be picked up at the Boutique prior to race day. All participants acknowledge this policy during the registration process.
VIP Packet Pick-Up:
Purchasing VIP Packet Pick-up will allow you to pick-up your packet on race morning. If VIP Packet Pick-Up is not purchased, you must visit the Health & Fitness Boutique prior to race day to pick-up your race packet. No exceptions.
- VIP Packet Pick-Up is an optional paid service that will allow participants to pick-up their race packet on race morning.
- VIP Packet Pick-up must be purchased in advance during online registration; it cannot be purchased on race morning.
- The number of VIP Packet Pick-Up tickets is limited – it will be available until the tickets sell out, or when online registration closes, whichever comes first.
- VIP Packet Pick-Up is non-refundable, non-transferable, non-deferrable and does not include race entry.
- VIP Packet Pick-up will open on race morning 2 hours prior to the start of the event and will close 30 minutes prior to the start of the race to ensure an on-time start. Early arrival on race day is highly recommended.
- VIP Packet Pick-Up can be added to your registration by logging into your Active.com (myevents.active.com) account and selecting “Purchase additional merchandise”
- Please review the parking information available on our website prior to race day to ensure you have enough time to pick up your packet on race morning.
Pick-Up by Proxy:
We request that all our participants pick up their own race packets at the Health & Fitness Boutique for security purposes. However, we do understand that certain circumstances may arise where you cannot come in person.
If you cannot pick up your race packet yourself, someone else can pick it up for you. In order for them to do so, they MUST have the following items with them:
- A copy of your photo ID, and
- A printed Packet Pick Up Authorization Form (completed and signed by you)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on our exhibitor opportunities.
Hotel information coming soon.
Looking for an exciting array of activities while you visit Long Island? Then plan your visit with the help of Long Island experts! From museums, trails, vineyards, sailing, beaches and more, there is something for everyone to make this the best Girl's Weekend Getaway!
Visit www.discoverlongisland.com for more details.
We can’t control it; but we sure can dress for it!
- Average high temperature: 64 degrees F
- Average low temperature: 51 degrees F