DC's Wine Country Parking Information
5K PARKING (FRIDAY 9/15):
Free parking will be available for the 5K at Lansdowne Resort. However parking will be limited since the Health & Fitness Boutique will still be going on during the start of the 5K. Overflow parking for the Divas 5K will be located at:
Lansdowne Medical Center
19415 Deerfield Ave
Lansdowne, VA 20176
- This parking location is across the street from Lansdowne Resort. 5K participants must be parked by 5:15pm to have enough time to walk across the street to Lansdowne Resort and pick up their packets prior to the start of the race. Early arrival is highly recommended. Packet pick-up for the 5K will end promptly at 5:45pm.
- There is no VIP parking for the 5K. 5K parking is free and within walking distance to the race site at Lansdowne Resort.
1. Off-site parking with shuttle service - FREE ($5 for spectators)
Due to the location of the race site, there is NO ON-SITE PARKING (except for limited paid Premium Parking - see next section below for more details). ALL PARTICIPANTS & SPECTATORS WITHOUT VIP PARKING MUST PARK AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATION AND TAKE THE SHUTTLE TO/FROM THE RACE SITE:
Tuscarora High School
801 North King St.
Leesburg, VA 20176
(9 miles from race site; 16 minute shuttle ride)
- COST: Shuttle service will be provided at no cost to participants. Spectators can purchase shuttle tickets for $5 per person round trip prior to race day at the Health & Fitness Boutique. Spectators cannot purchase shuttles tickets on race morning.
- CARS MUST BE PARKED BY THE ASSIGNED TIME: Shuttles to the race site will run between 5:15am and 6:00am. However, we highly suggest arriving no later than 5:30am to account for any traffic congestion that may occur. If you arrive late, you will miss the race. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO SPECTATORS.
- RETURN SHUTTLES: Return shuttle service back to the parking area will begin at 9:30AM. This means that no one (including spectators) will be able to get back to the off-site parking location before then.
2. On-site Paid Premium Parking - $25 per car (ON SALE CLOSER TO RACE DAY)
- Paid Premium Parking will be EXTREMELY limited and will most likely sell out ahead of time. The past two years, Premium Parking sold out within one month.
- On-site Premium Parking for the half marathon will be available for $25 per car. Carpooling is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
- Participants who purchase Premium parking will receive an email with your official parking pass that must be printed out and given to the attendant at the premium lot on race morning. A print out of the purchase confirmation is NOT sufficient to gain access to the VIP lot.
- CARS MUST BE PARKED BY 6:30 AM. If you arrive late, you will not be able to access the Premium Lot due to road closures and you will miss the race. Plan to arrive early to account for any traffic congestion that may occur along the rural country roads surrounding the race site.
- Cars will not be allowed to leave the Premium lot until 8:45am. Between 8:45am - 11:15am, all cars must exit left onto Lost Corner Rd. due to the course route. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO SPECTATORS.
- A note about spectators: Spectators must adhere to the same entry & exit times as participants (listed above).
- Premium lot will be located off of Lost Corner Rd. just east of the main entrance to Tarara Winery. Detailed directions on how to access and leave the lot will be emailed to you with your parking certificate.
*LANSDOWNE RESORT SHUTTLES: Shuttles from Lansdowne Resort will be available ONLY for participants who are staying at the hotel. Participants staying at the Lansdowne must pick up a special wristband at the Health & Fitness Boutique on Friday in order to ride the shuttle on race morning. Spectators staying at Lansdowne Resort can purchase shuttle tickets at the Boutique for $5 per person round trip. Spectator spots are limited and based on availability. The Lansdowne shuttle will depart at approximately 5:45am on race day. Return shuttle service back to the Lansdowne will begin at 9:30am.
Thinking of getting dropped off? There is absolutely no place to get dropped off near the race site on Saturday for the half marathon. All roads accessing the race site will be closed and law enforcement will only allow those with Premium Parking Passes to enter. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you must get dropped off, your ride will then have to drop you off at the off-site lot (option 1 above) and you will take a shuttle to the race site.