DC's Wine Country Parking Information
5K PARKING (FRIDAY 9/15):Free parking will be available for the 5K at Lansdowne Resort. However parking will be limited since the Health & Fitness Boutique will still be going on during the start of the 5K. Overflow parking for the Divas 5K will be located at:
Lansdowne Medical Center
19415 Deerfield Ave
Lansdowne, VA 20176
- This parking location is across the street from Lansdowne Resort. 5K participants must be parked by 5:15pm to have enough time to walk across the street to Lansdowne Resort and pick up their packets prior to the start of the race. Early arrival is highly recommended. Packet pick-up for the 5K will end promptly at 5:45pm.
- NEW FOR 2017! Free on-site parking will be available at Tarara Winery for participants. It will not be necessary to purchase on-site parking this year.
- Early arrival and carpooling is highly recommended.
- CARS MUST BE PARKED BY 6:15 AM. If you arrive late, you will not be able to access the lot due to road closures for the course route. Plan to arrive early to account for any traffic congestion that may occur along the rural, one-lane country roads surrounding the race site. (And yes, we know it's early, but its still later than the off-site shuttle times we had in the past!)
- Cars will not be allowed to leave the parking lot until 8:45am. Between 8:45am - 11:15am, all cars must exit left onto Lost Corner Rd. due to the course route.
SPECTATORS: Parking spots will be limited to participants only. Please plan to have spectators ride in the same cars as their runners.
- On-site parking will be located off of Lost Corner Rd. just east of the main entrance to Tarara Winery, located at 13648 Tarara Ln, Leesburg, VA 20176.
- From US-15, use the directions below to access the on-site lot. DO NOT RELY ON GPS NAVIGATION or you will run into multiple road closures and detours and may miss the race.
Coming from the NORTH on US-15 – Turn left onto St Clair Lane and follow the road for 1.8 miles. Turn left onto Lucketts Road and follow the road until it makes a natural right turn and the street name changes to Lost Corner Road. Once on Lost Corner Road, travel .91 of a mile. The entrance to the ON-SITE lot will be just past the main Tarara Winery entrance on the left hand side (do not turn into the winery). Look for Parking Volunteers directing you into the lot. Remember – you must be parked by 6:15AM. Please plan to arrive early.
Coming from the SOUTH on US-15 – Turn right onto Spinks Ferry Road. Follow the road for 1.7 miles and make a left onto Chapel Ln. Travel 1.3 miles until the road ends and turn right onto Lucketts Rd. Follow the road until it makes a natural right turn and the street name changes to Lost Corner Road. Once on Lost Corner Road, travel .91 of a mile. The entrance to the on-site lot will be just past the main Tarara Winery entrance on the left hand side (do not turn into the winery). Look for Parking Volunteers directing you into the lot. Remember – you must be parked by 6:15 AM. Please plan to arrive early.
LANSDOWNE RESORT SHUTTLES: Shuttles from Lansdowne Resort will be available to half marathon participants who are staying at the hotel. Participants staying at the Lansdowne must pick up a special wristband at the Info & Solutions Desk at the Health & Fitness Boutique on Friday in order to ride the shuttle on race morning. Spectators staying at Lansdowne Resort can purchase shuttle tickets at the Boutique for $5 per person round trip. Spectator spots are limited and based on availability. The Lansdowne shuttle will depart at approximately 5:45am on race day. Return shuttle service back to the Lansdowne will begin at 9:30am.
Thinking of getting dropped off at Tara Winery? Due to the remote location of the half marathon race site, dropping off will not be allowed. The roads are one-lane in each direction and cars dropping off would only end up adding to the congestion for participants. In addition, the roads to the race site will be closed until 12 noon so pick ups would not be possible prior to that time.